You may know SKF as the world leading supplier of products and solutions in the rolling bearing business. In addition, we are one of the leading players in seals, mechatronics, lubrication systems, and services which include technical support, maintenance services, condition monitoring and training. The inherent skills and competence of our, around 45.000 employees, help us to fulfill our objective of creating more intelligent, sustainable and innovative customer solutions. SKF is a truly global company with presence in more than 130 countries, serving an extensive range of industries and customers worldwide.
SKF’s commitment to innovation and technology development is essential in maintaining and strengthening the company’s technological leadership.
The Knowledge & Simulation Tools department develops and supports SKF engineering software that enables business and creates opportunities for new business models. Automated performance prediction and selection are key drivers in the department, which can be achieved by smart software services and analytics. Key to the department is the software architecture that enables the integration of new business models into the existing portfolio of engineering software. Hence we are looking for an:
based in Nieuwegein
As Solution Architect you are besides drive, safeguard and govern the software architectures within K&ST also responsible for bridging the existing architectures towards the future.
The position holder will report to the Department Manager Knowledge & Simulation Tools (Helmut Crauwels).
- To define and maintain the Technical Architecture
- To support the asset manager and development teams by mapping end user requirements with the functionality provided by readily available applications
- To follow the latest trends in the IT industry, including the latest functionalities with respect to cloud services and to translate this to new improvement proposals in the business
- To support the Dept. Manager in the development of SKF software development and implementation strategy
- To steer future asset implementations together with the asset manager
- To support the development of standard methodologies and best practices for the use of SaaS, external libraries, external databases and connecting to information within SKF relevant for SKF engineering software
- To define solutions that improves release processes and providing SKF knowledge to the customer in a secured environment
- You have a BSc or MSc in software development or equivalent education
- You have hands-on experience with the implementation of modern software architectures
- You have an excellent knowledge of setting-up a cloud architecture in the role of Solution Architect, with experience in existing cloud technologies and current development methodologies
- You have a good knowledge of modern IT Technologies and the latest trends in this area
- You are familiar with project management
- You have strong analytical skills
- You have the skills to foster teamwork and collaboration
- You have very good communication skills and command of English. (Being able to communicate in other languages is a plus)
- You are willing to travel internationally. The position owner will be located in Nieuwegein, The Netherlands
What can you expect from SKF:
We offer you the opportunity to work in an innovative and well-equipped R&D environment, which is part of a large, successful company with an excellent reputation. You will join a team of well-motivated colleagues and will have a lot of international contacts. This means that we need candidates with good communication skills and good ability in written and spoken English. We look forward to see you develop as a professional who creates a career in SKF and we will support your steps. Of course, our employment conditions are competitive.
If you are interested and meet the above requirements, please apply with your cv and motivation letter via the application form on our website. We only take the applications in consideration that are written in English or Dutch.
Visit www.skf.com for more information about our company.
An online assessment and intellect test are part of the recruitment process. Acquisition by third parties regarding this vacacy is not appreciated.